Session 1 (14:00 - 15:30) - researchers.
Session 2 (16:00 - 17:30) - policymakers
This workshop will showcase some of the elements required for the transition to Open Science: services and tools, policies as guidance for good practices, and the roles of the respective actors and their networks.
Session 1 - researchers
Would you like to learn more about practicing open science and open research in the life sciences, social sciences and humanities? Join our training workshop with a perspective on the practices of disciplinary domains. The workshop will help you to understand and adopt open science practices, get to know common standards, tools, infrastructures and support you may use in your specific context.
SESSION 2 - policy makers and staff working in funding bodies
Looking for guidance on developing successful Open Access, Open Research Data and Open Science policies? Already have such policies in place and would like to support and monitor their implementation more efficiently? Join us for this workshop to discuss the practical implementation of the Open Access and Open Data requirements. The workshop will include an overview of OpenAIRE’s tools for monitoring compliance and what additional assistance can be provided to researchers in order to improve the uptake of policies.
Researchers (session 1); policy makers and staff working in funding bodies (session 2)
SESSION 1 - RESEARCHERS
14:00 - 14:15 - Welcome, introduction to the workshop, introductions from the participants
14:15 - 14:30 - What is Open Science and why should I care?
14:30 - 15:00 - Best practice in Open Science: I want to be an open researcher in [life sciences, social sciences, humanities]. How can I make a start? I want to ensure my research is reproducible: how do I do this?
15:00 - 15:30 - Three disciplinary breakout groups [life sciences, social sciences, humanities] discussing open access, open data and open science tools and methods that could be applied to the research they do.
Session 2 - POLICY MAKERS AND STAFF WORKING IN FUNDING BODIES
16:00 - 16:15 - Welcome, introduction to the workshop, introductions from the participants
16:15 - 16:30 - Discussion: What elements make successful Open Access, Open Data, Open Science policies?
16:30 - 17:00 - How to design successful Open Access, Open Data, Open Science policies?
17:00 - 17:30 - How to monitor Open Access, Open Data, Open Science policies implementation: presentation and group discussion.
- Jose Carvalho, Universidade do Minho | Designing & implementing open access, open data & open science policies.
- Iryna Kuchma, EIFL | Best practice in Open Science
- Nancy Pontika, The Open University | What is Open Science and why should I care?
- Pedro Principe, Universidade do Minho | Designing & implementing open access, open data & open science policies & OpenAIRE monitoring services, EC FP7 & H2020 & other national funders
- Eloy Rodrigues, Universidade do Minho| Designing & implementing open access, open data & open science policies.
- Kathleen Shearer, Executive Director of COAR (facilitators) | Next generation repositories – moving from the “fringe” to the foundation of scholarly communication
DAY 2 - PARALLEL SESSION 4 (14:00) & 5 (16:00)
See full programme here.