This collaborative workshop comes in the context of coordinating EOSC related activities across large European infrastructures at European and national level. OpenAIRE NOADs, EGI NGIs, GEANT NRENs and other national open science stakeholders provide complementary but related services for the research lifecycle and each contribute to serve a wide range of communities (research, higher education, libraries, and innovators). The future research support landscape is such that horizontal local, regional and international infrastructures will be providing a range of services; increasing coordination of service provisioning, support and outreach are necessary.
The workshop will offer an opportunity for cross-pollination on issues ranging from open scholarship to technical service provision, training, community engagement and support. This half-day interactive workshop will take the opportunity of bringing together national e-Infrastructure representatives to discuss gaps, synergies, coordination and service integration opportunities.
The diverse audience will provide an excellent opportunity for brainstorming and learning national approaches to common issues.
- Technical support and helpdesk provisioning
- Community engagement involving the research community, the librarian community, higher education, industry and SMEs, citizens
- Service integration and provisioning
Take away’s will be:
- Clearer understanding of the infrastructures among participants
- A view on related areas and knowledge sharing among the infrastructures as well as any existing gaps
- Establishing a framework for future collaboration between the three infrastructures
- Coordination of EOSC-relevant national initiatives
Who is the workshop for?
- National service providers – institutions, infrastructures (NOADs, NRENs, NGIs etc.)
- Research collaborations
e-Infrastructures, EOSC, open science, training, technical support and helpdesk, community engagement, service integration, EGI NGIs, GEANT NRENs, OpenAIRE NOADs.
- National service providers – institutions, infrastructures ( NOADs, NRENs, NGIs etc.)
- Research collaborations
9:00 - 09:50
|Introductions & Context Setting
Session will present e-infrastructures services and activities for training, support/helpdesk, community engagement.
Introduction to workshop and objectives 20’
09:50 - 11:00
Theme 1 European and national coordination
In this session opportunities national/European coordination and collaboration will be discussed, national nodes are invited to give short overviews on pre-defined themes in the form of a lightning talk.
Session 1: Training, technical support and helpdesk
Lightning talk 1.1 [5’]
Lightning talk 1.2 [5’]
Session 2: Community outreach and engagement with industry/SMEs
Lightning talk 2.1 [5’]
Lightning talk 2.2 [5’]
|11:30 - 11:45||Conclusions from Theme 1 European and national coordination|
|11.45-12:45||Theme 2 Service technical architecture and integration in EOSC
1 Use case [15’] Text mining and OpenMinTeD
2 Use Case [15’] Software appliances digital objects: EGI AppDB integration with OpenAIRE
3 Analysis and discussion + Report from Rapporteur [30’]
|12.45-13:00||Conclusions and Next steps|
DAY 3 - 09:00 PARALLEL SESSION 6
See full programme here.