Participants were enthusiastic in exchanging ideas and practices, sharing concerns, and brainstorming solutions to broaden our horizons and create a global vision of shaping Open Science for future generations.
This year marked the return of the buzzling in-person Fair. To co-organise our flagship event, we joined forces with our National Open Access Desk in Spain (NOAD) and the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT). We also took great pride in having our conference recognised as one of the prominent Open Science events organised under the auspices of the Spanish Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
We spent 3 exciting days discussing all things Open Science, delving into burning questions and hot topics. The agenda covered themes in the realm of research assessment, such as:
- Artificial Intelligence in Scholarly Communication through Scientific Knowledge Graphs and Large Language Models,
- Publishing Models and Strategies to Consolidate the Field and Garner Researcher Support
- Development of Skills for Open Science that Extend Beyond Traditional Career Trajectories and Consider New Forms of Teaching
Highlights from #OSFAIR2023:
- 2 Inspirational keynote speeches provided insights from both global and European perspectives.
- 3 Panel discussions facilitated debates between experts and the audience.
- 11 Workshops, 24 lightning talks, 13 demos, and 40 posters showcased the collaborative efforts of the research community.
We would also like to say a big thank you to all those who participated, we are already looking forward to the next OS Fair in 2025!