EOSC RoP, Data Management and Certification tools demonstration
Sept 21, 12.30 CEST
Sept 22, 18.00 CEST
LCT: Researchers and research organisations RePol: Repository owners, service providers in general, or any website owners RoLECT: Researchers, research organisations and various services providers.
Interdisciplinary collaborations: Networks, services, methods
Sustaining Open infrastructures, services and tools for research communities
Training and skills for open science
European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) and FAIR data
Citizen science: barriers and opportunities for collaboration
The demo session will cover technical solutions developed by NI4OS-Europe partners to support the practices of EOSC stakeholders, including the global research community working in Open and FAIR ecosystems. Brief overviews for the tools realization will be provided while pointing out their significance in RDM workflows at both strategic/policy and practical implementation levels. The session is intended for an audience aware of research practices, the research lifecycle, EOSC resources onboarding, FAIR principles and will be particularly interesting for individuals dealing with EOSC RoP. The tools are:
- License Clearance Tool - LCT (https://lct.ni4os.eu/) that ensures maximal re-use of derivative works. LCT facilitates and automates the clearance of research outputs' copyright before they are released under an open license and/or stored at a public and trusted FAIR-enabling repository. It provides a guided approach for establishing the proper open-source license required for derivative datasets, media, software etc. or for the reuse of unlicensed content. Target audience is mainly researchers and research organisations.
- Repository Policy Generator - RePOL (https://repol.ni4os.eu/) that offers a guided approach to creating machine readable data repository policies and privacy policies. It uses a step-by-step wizard and predefined policy clauses formulated in line with the current best practice (FAIR, preservation, licensing, , privacy provisions, GDPR, etc.) Targets mainly repository owners and administrators, though generated privacy policies are suitable for any kind of service.
- EOSC RoP Legal & Ethics Compliance – RoLECT (https://rolect.ni4os.eu/) that offers scientific resource providers with an intuitive self-assessment against EOSC RoP. RoLECT prepares potential providers for their compliance with legal and ethical measures as required in the EOSC RoP, which they must meet as ‘EOSC providers’. Legal and ethics are two important RoP aspects that require particular focus due to their nature and associated difficulties and have not yet been addressed adequately from other FAIR-related tools.
- Welcome & Introduction - Christos Liatas, Athena Research Center
- EOSC RoP Legal & Ethics Compliance (RoLECT) - Marianna Katrakazi, Athena Research Center [presentation]
- License Clearance Tool (LCT) - Panagiota Koltsida, Athena Research Center [presentation]
- Repository Policy Generator (RePOL) - Branko Marovic, University of Belgrade [presentation]